ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE – (FIRE RESCUE)
The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
An employee in this role performs word processing, printing and collating documents, scheduling appointments, performing light bookkeeping, coordinating with other departments and completing any other assigned tasks.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Teamsters Local Union769 and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Teamsters Local Union 769.
The City offers a wide variety of benefits to employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) which offers an investment option and a pension option, and requires a 3% contribution from employees. New hires are automatically enrolled in FRS.
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan!
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness for more information or to see if you qualify.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs clerical duties in support of an assigned area of responsibility
- Produces a wide variety of reports, letters, spreadsheets, data entries, memoranda and statistical charts
- Provides front counter assistance and screens office and telephone callers
- Responds to requests for information, accepts payments and resolves complaints
- Prepares and disseminates information through email
- Creates and submits reports as required
- Operates a variety of office equipment including copiers, facsimile machine and computer
- Performs data input and retrieval
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed
- Processes purchase orders and requisitions
- Prepares a variety of documents for the purchase of supplies and equipment
- Sends certified mail correspondence
- Reconciles P-Cards/Depart Purchasing Card statements
- Receives and processes incoming invoices
- Prepares and disseminates Informational bulletins and memorandums
- Maintains department files, records and rosters
- Prepares and archives closed files for retention and files required yearly reports
- Performs related work as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalencyOne (1) to three (3) years performing clerical work. Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience. Special Requirements:
Non-Essential Employees will not be required to work during a declared emergency but may be required to work in some capacity after the declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine when the employee will be required to work.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position is generally sedentary. Employees sit most of the time, but may walk or stand for brief periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants will be required to pass a medical examination, including drug screening, prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form (J204).
The City of Fort Lauderdale offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance.
Click here for an overview of employment information including our benefits package.
Closing Date/Time: 1/31/2023 11:59 PM Eastern