Description: The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for working with the Director of Professional Services and/or Clinical Manager to coordinate and maintain schedules and assign the appropriate visits to the clinicians required to complete excellent patient.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- A High School Diploma. Associate or Bachelors Degree in related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in healthcare field preferred.
- Knowledge of scheduling/staffing in home care or other healthcare related field preferred.
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Obtain all required patient-related documentation to meet regulatory, policy and procedure requirements.
- Perform Data entry initiating clinical record.
- Coordinates and schedules Clinicians in accordance with client needs, employee qualifications and availability.
- Maintain patient schedules efficiently and appropriately and in compliance with authorizations and physician orders.
- Manage patient satisfaction with appropriate customer service, communication and follow up.
- Maintain confidentiality, with a focus on teamwork, responsibility and self-discipline.
- Create and maintain Patient Admission Packets for clinicians.
- Serves as liaison between the clinicians, patients and referral sources.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Verifies Medicare and Managed Care eligibility and benefits
- Conducts audits of SOC-ROC-RECERT-Discharge paperwork to ensure all documentation are submitted according to state, federal and agency requirements
- Performs general office duties including but not limited to word processing, photocopies, files, shreds, sort/distributes mail, provides reception and telephone services
- Assists other departments and committees in the identification of priority concerns affecting the quality of care being provided by the agency.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member
- Perform other duties as assigned
. Requirements: Supervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.