Counselor – After-School All-Stars
Openings are available at the following sites (subject to change): Carver, College Park, Howard and Memorial
>>FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION WITH NO GUARANTEE OF A CERTAIN NUMBER OF HOURS AND NO BENEFITS. WORKING ON A TEMP/SEASONAL CONTRACT WHICH CAN BE RENEWED ANNUALLY BASED ON PERFORMANCE AND BUSINESS NEED.
School year: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. Wednesday: 3:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Summer: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Carver Middle School College Park Middle School Howard Middle School Memorial Middle School Odyssey Middle SchoolRoberto Clemente Middle SchoolLake Nona Middle School Innovation Middle School
Who We Are
Orlando, The City Beautiful
For most of Orlando's history we've been the place everyone wants to visit. Today, we're also the place where everyone wants to live and do business. List after list has Orlando as one of the fastest growing cities in America. We're transitioning from our role as the young upstart to a more mature, global city.
This didn't happen by accident. Together as a community, we developed a shared vision for our city focused on creating partnerships and we've transformed Orlando from a place that was packed with potential into a city on the rise.
Our vision ensures we are an inclusive, compassionate community that is generating jobs, becoming the most sustainable city in the nation, keeping our community safe, making it easier to get around, and increasing the quality of life. Together, we can continue realizing all our city's potential.
Come be part of our community with the City of Orlando.
NATURE OF WORK:
Assist the Site Supervisor in the delivery of services for an Orlando After-School All-Stars (Orlando ASAS) after-school and/or summer program, to ensure that the youth programming, behavioral expectations, and objectives of the program, needs of the staff, youth, families and public are met.
An employee in this classification performs specialized work in the area of youth programming, enrichment and athletic programming under the direction of the Orlando ASAS Site Supervisor. Work is reviewed for results obtained through reports, observation, performance evaluations and conferences.
Responsibilities include leading and/or supervising a variety of enrichment and athletic activities, while ensuring the safety of an Orlando ASAS after-school and/or summer program and facility.
Examples of Duties
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of activities and services offered at an Orlando ASAS program site.
- Assists with discipline at assigned Orlando ASAS site and confers with parents regarding activities offered, participant progress and discipline problems.
- Aides the teacher in enrichment activities at the Orlando ASAS site.
- Ensures fair play and sportsmanship to youth while supervising and coaching athletic activities and games at the Orlando ASAS site.
- Assists the Site Supervisor in the accurate and timely reporting of individual Orlando ASAS site staff and program scheduling, payroll, inventory, and youth attendance.
- Assist the Site Supervisor in ensuring proper implementation of Orlando ASAS policy and procedures in the areas of operations at the program site. Assist the Site Supervisor in ensuring the safety and security of Orlando ASAS program and facility.
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a General Equivalency Diploma; one (1) year of experience in an organized educational, recreation or leisure services field working in various activities such as educational programs, youth sports, aquatics, cultural and therapeutic arts, health and fitness, community centers, etc. required.; or an equivalent combination of related training and experience. Applicant must possess a valid Florida driver's license. First Aid/CPR certified preferred. Certification by the Florida Recreation and Park Association desired, but not required.
VALID DRIVER LICENSE FROM ANY STATE MUST BE PRESENTED AT TIME OF INTERVIEW. VALID FLORIDA DRIVER LICENSE MUST BE PRESENTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF HIRE.
City of Orlando Benefits
Closing Date/Time: Continuous