Craftperson – Controls(Comprehensive)
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap ® and CAPS ® .
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise ® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com .
Installs and troubleshoots electronic controls. Provides operating software for automated systems. Installs electrical components and wiring. Maintains Equipment to operate in a validated state at peak operational efficiency.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs scheduled maintenance on manufacturing machines and systems.
- Repairs the malfunction of machines, systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Routinely checks on machinery and systems for signs of fault in order to prevent or minimize downtime and interruptions.
- Initiates improvement on the functionality of machines and equipment to increase its efficiency.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures and practices.
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of job.
- For more senior position, might act as a team leader to ensure that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing team members.
- Documents activities accordingly.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply comprehensive working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action. Performs comprehensive shop floor competencies.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish assigned task.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Ability to work non-stand schedule as needed, On-call hours as needed.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.