Cyber Security Systems Engineer
The Cyber Security Systems Engineer will be responsible for analyzing existing systems applying the principles of Information Security in a variety of circumstances.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support certification tasks for various IT systems.
• Perform task focused on the development of security test plans, conduct security testing, analyze test results, and develop risk assessment reports documenting vulnerabilities, threats, impacts, and recommended mitigations.
• Perform reviews and analyses of vulnerability scanning results for various systems and applications.
• Conduct Informational Assurance (IA) control validation procedure test and documents results.
• Review security test plans and procedures for accuracy and execute test procedures to validate systems compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) security requirements.
• Assist network technicians in complex troubleshooting of servers and workstations.
• Create and update documentation related to system, security, networking, and troubleshooting.
• Must be capable of safely handling government furnished equipment and materials.
• Must be available to work a standard weekly schedule with overtime as required.
Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have familiarity with applying NIST 800-53 Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems.
• Must possess a good understanding of DFARS 252.204.7012-Safeguarding Unclassified Controlled Technical information.
• Must have hands-on experience in cyber or network products and operating systems, including installation and configuration of enterprise level software.
• Must possess significant experience in vulnerability scanning and providing remediation recommendations.
• Must have experience with intrusion prevention devices (IPS) or intrusion detection devices (IDS) both network and host-based.
• Must have knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS and active directory.
• Must possess multi-discipline experience with and have an in-depth understanding of Next Gen Firewall, anti-virus host-based protection, virtual shared computing environments, network and/or security management, communications protocols, network technologies, securing Windows 7 or newer Microsoft operating systems, securing Windows servers including active directory, and securing Microsoft back-end products including SQL server, exchange server, SharePoint portal services, IIS, WSUS, et.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent. Master's degree is preferred. •
Six (6) years experience in related to the Information Technology (IT) field.
• CISSP certification highly preferred.
LSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer offering excellent benefits and competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background verification and drug testing.