DESKTOP SUPPORT TECH I
The Desktop Support Technician I provides technical support to end-users regarding computer hardware, software, telephony and audio/video troubleshooting and optimal set-up of equipment for software, hardware, and network use.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides support for audio and video conference infrastructure.
- Provides support for printing/scanning/faxing infrastructure.
- Provides support for phone system infrastructure.
- Provides support for cellphone infrastructure.
- Monitors and responds quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Service Desk.
- Monitors Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue.
- Provides helpdesk support and resolves problems to the end user's satisfaction always using the Help Desk tracking software and escalating issues to next level as needed.
- Modifies configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- Installs, tests, and configures new workstations and or laptops, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Manages PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Keeps all IT hardware and assets inventory updated making it possible to identify who has what at any moment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be capable of safely handling government-furnished equipment and materials.
- Must be available to work a standard weekly schedule with overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess a working knowledge of PC hardware components and configurations.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing desktop and laptop hardware.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems (7/10) in an Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- General understanding of networking and the server/client model, to troubleshoot client-side connectivity issues.
- Must be capable of learning and troubleshooting various software programs as needed.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance as required by the contract.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- One (1) year related experience.
- Certified as DoD IAT level 1 (Within 6 months of hire).
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.