Digital Product Manager
UPDATE: POLYGRAPH NO LONGER REQUIRED
Who We Are
Orlando, The City Beautiful
For most of Orlando's history we've been the place everyone wants to visit. Today, we're also the place where everyone wants to live and do business. List after list has Orlando as one of the fastest growing cities in America. We're transitioning from our role as the young upstart to a more mature, global city.
This didn't happen by accident. Together as a community, we developed a shared vision for our city focused on creating partnerships and we've transformed Orlando from a place that was packed with potential into a city on the rise.
Our vision ensures we are an inclusive, compassionate community that is generating jobs, becoming the most sustainable city in the nation, keeping our community safe, making it easier to get around, and increasing the quality of life. Together, we can continue realizing all our city's potential.
Come be part of our community with the City of Orlando.
Nature of Work:
The City of Orlando's Digital Platforms & Service Design team is transforming how local government serves its residents . We help visualize, create and implement digital technology solutions for the city that enhance the customer experience. Through data analysis and research, we identify the behaviors, motivations and goals of our internal and external clients. We then prototype , launch and improve services by translating those insights into offerings that meet and exceed expectations . Ideal candidates for this role will have a passion for public service , curiosi ty and empathy for users , a desire to identify, measure and solve service challenges with creative solutions, a strong drive for action, and an unrelenting enthusiasm for implementing user-focused products that drive satisfaction and trust.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business/Public Administration or related field and three years software marketing or product management experience required , or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an applicable technical or startup environment. Pragmatic Marketing Certification, Agile experience or certification a preferred. Familiarity with Content Management Systems a plus desired. Must pass police background investigation.
Strongly Preferred Skills:
- Experience with digital product ideation, prototyping, implementation and administration.
- Experience with content management systems.
- An understanding of customer experience best practices with the ability to listen, coordinate and champion key initiatives and projects.
- Experience in human-centered product discovery, user experience, service design and working with user research.
- Experience working with developers to create roadmaps and manage customer support.
- Experience analyzing and using data to evaluate outcomes and inform decisions.
- Fluency in Agile methodology, including creating user stories and managing a backlog.
- Influential verbal and written communications skills; comfortable presenting findings to clients.
- Ability to work and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders in different teams/departments.
- Experience in facilitating workshops or giving presentations.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with a digital product.
- Experience with CRM platforms and customer service-related systems.
- Experience with service writing or technical writing.
- Familiarity with digital accessibility best practices.
- Experience using data visualizations to tell a story.
City of Orlando Benefits
Closing Date/Time: Continuous