Director Of Operations
Location: US-FL-Miami Beach
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Infused with Art Deco style, each of our resort's 139 suites reflect South Beach's colorful spirit. Our hotel soak in striking views of the Atlantic Ocean and has the best address in South Beach, where Ocean Drive meets Collins Avenue.
In addition to our competitive company Health Benefits, we at the Royal Palm provide our associates with a variety of perks and incentives such as discounted city parking, associate recognition programs, a daily complimentary meal, summer BBQs and a variety of other fun events. We take care of you so that you can take care of our guests. Start your career in Miami today!
Support General Manager in managing the Rooms, Food and Beverage, Financing, Sales and Marketing, and Repairs and Maintenance Departments to achieve the guest satisfaction scores, operating and financial goals of the owner. Act as General Manager in his/her absence when necessary.
- Lead all operational managers to success on daily, weekly, monthly and annual action plans related to property strategic plan.
- Plan, organize, facilitate, attend, and/or participate in various hotel and departmental meetings. Ensure compliance of brand standard operating procedures and policies.
- Develop and manage execution of Rooms/Food and Beverage division budgets and revenue forecasts. Develop and implement controls for expense management. Ensure staff is utilizing labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members.
- As a member of the Executive Committee for the property, the Director of Operations is expected to help create and execute the financial objectives of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience, preferably in both rooms and FandB.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Computer literacy and financial management required.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Able to resolve guest, supervisor and associate conflicts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI117994290