Entry Production Technician-Day Shift
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap ® and CAPS ® .
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise ® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com .
The primary responsibility of a Production Technician is to oversee the operation of production equipment for the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products. This work will include loading & unloading of raw materials, verifying proper machine operation, clearing machine jams when they occur, testing and verifying the quality of the product being produced, and reporting all required data during runs. This individual must possess an overall knowledge of GMP's, ISO, and OSHA requirements in the manufacturing environment. This position shall operate in accordance with company policies & procedures, FDA regulations, and ISO standards.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Follows established procedures and guidelines to manufacture the organization's products according to production specifications and schedules, volume, cost, and wastage targets or quality standards.
- Operates machines and production equipment safely and in accordance with instructions.
- Monitors the quality of output to identify, discard or remanufacture faulty products.
- Maintains accurate daily production records so that manufacturing performance can be analyzed.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems from the product line/process to minimize reject levels.
- For more senior position, might act as a team leader to ensure that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing team members.
- Generally performs work of a similar nature to those supervised.
- Likely to orient or provide guidance to team members but refer most matters to the superior.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply comprehensive working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action. Performs comprehensive shop floor competencies.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Work is typically checked and monitored on a routine basis.
- No problem solving skills required as job is routine and repetitive.
- Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, peers and subordinates.
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent required
- 0-0.5 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Ability to work non-stand schedule as needed
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.