Events Aide/Recreation Service Aide
Responsible for safety and supervision of participants in City coordinated functions, such as events or youth summer programs. Responsible for the safety and maintenance of park facilities and enforcement of all park rules and regulations.
Supervision Received and Exercised
This position is supervised by the Special Events Coordinator. The Events Aide/Recreation Service Aide does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position is classified as a non-exempt, part-time position, with a schedule of less then 29 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides pre-event, on-site and post-event assistance for special events.
- Assists in management of the Students in Action volunteer program.
- Assists in soliciting and securing contracts from vendors to provide services for events.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all special events in order to advise patrons and colleagues.
- Works to achieve and maintain a maximum level of customer service and satisfaction with event attendees at all times.
- Coaches, officiates, and keeps score of games during various City sanctioned sports leagues.
- Assists in organizing and administering recreational programming when needed.
- Supports operations by handling telephone inquiries, greeting visitors, and providing information.
- Plans, organizes, and directs a wide variety of recreational activities.
- Enforces safety and other park rules and regulations; administers first aid as required.
- Performs general maintenance and clean up duties at the park.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned by the Special Events Coordinator.
- Performs other related work as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent.
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator's license with acceptable driving record.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS REQUIRED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to establish good customer relations. Must have an ability to deal with people effectively, courteously and enthusiastically.
- Requires limited knowledge of the materials, methods and equipment typically used in recreational work and clean up duties.
- Ability to understand and follow simple, oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare and/or process purchase orders.
- Ability to use small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems.
- Ability to use computers for data entry.
- Ability to use computers for word processing and/or accounting purposes.
- Knowledge of basic rules of safety and ability to enforce applicable rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work independently and complete daily activities and tasks according to work schedule.
- Additional specialized training such as camp instructor, teacher or a related field is desirable.
- Must be fluent in the English language. Spanish is a plus.
- Applicants must complete all requirements established by the City of Doral for employment. This may include, but is not limited to, a written examination, a psychological exam, a polygraph examination, a comprehensive background investigation and a job-related medical examination including a drug/alcohol screening test.
- Must be a non-smoker.
- The minimum requirements may be waived by the City Manager.
Physical Requirements :
- Ability to feel, finger, grasp, handle; perceive communication orally; kneel, lift/push/pull; make rational decisions; reach; make repetitive motions with the hands; express ideas through speaking accurately, loudly or quickly; stand for sustained periods of time; use visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal, making general observations of facilities, operating heavy equipment, or making inspections of small defects; walk from one work site to another.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
Closing Date/Time: 2/26/2020 5:00 PM Eastern