Fleet Maintenance Technician
Under general supervision of the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, performs semi-skilled and skilled mechanical work in the City garage servicing, repairing, and maintaining the City's fleet including vehicles, equipment, machinery, and tools. Duties also include a wide variety of manual and equipment operations tasks. Performs other work as requested.
- Assists the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor in the general operation of the garage.
- Services, repairs, and maintains vehicles, equipment, tools and machinery.
- Picks up supplies and parts.
- Acts as Fleet Maintenance Supervisor when supervisor is absent.
NOTE: The examples of essential functions as listed in this class specification are not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not prelude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Required Education, Experience, License, Registration, and Certification Qualifications
High school diploma, GED, or other certificate of competency; supplemented by two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must possess or be able to obtain within one year a Class "B" Florida Commercial Driver's License (with air brakes).
Supplemental or Additional Information
Knowledge of occupational safety rules and practices.
Knowledge of the operation and routine maintenance and repair of equipment and vehicles.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to make routine repairs and maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
Ability to maintain accurate records of fuel and materials usage, and of maintenance and repair work performed.
Ability to perform strenuous work in all weather conditions.
Benefits for full-time employeesinclude:
- Health insurance and subsidy for family and spouse coverage
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismembermentinsurance
- Retirement plan
- 457 Deferred compensation plan
- Retirement Health Savings Plan
- Roth IRA
- Vacation, medical and personal leave
- Blood donation leave program
- 10paid holidays
- Beach parking sticker at resident rate
- Reimbursementof co-pays for annual physical and cancer screenings
- Paid Family Membership to SanibelRecreation Center
- Unlimited Sanibel Causeway transponder
- Cape Coral bridges transponder, if applicable