HIV Prevention Manager
Description: Statement of Purpose: The position is responsible for community development and planning, grant writing involvement, prevention program development, program implementation, managing HIV prevention programs and supervision of staff for the
Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.
Primary Tasks: HIV Prevention Manager- Palm Beach, Broward and Miami- Dade counties
- Implementation of HIV prevention programs.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with professional standards.
- Instructs clinic team members to coordinate patient services.
- Insures confidential and anonymous testing to the community.
- Processes documentation required by state and local funding sources as required.
- Works as liaison between agency and organizations involved in community planning and development forums.
- Monitors the recruitment, training and coordination of volunteers to assist with anonymous testing and HIV education.
- Presents HIV education to staff and volunteers as part of the orientation process as needed.
- Develops goals and objectives relative to prevention and education.
- Develops and fosters networking relationships with community and support resources.
- Hires and supervises employees, assigns and schedules work, monitors work performance, handles personnel operations including: performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, dismissals, time off and preparing time sheets.
- Resolves problems and ensures compliance with regulations and standards.
- Retains supply of contraceptives, brochures and other materials necessary for prevention department activities.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s values and mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Willingness to work on nights and weekends as needed.
Secondary Tasks: HIV Prevention Manager- Palm Beach, Broward and Miami- Dade counties
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
- Continues professional training and education to advance knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement of services rendered to CAN clients.
- Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates courtesy respect in all interpersonal relationships with CAN clients, staff and visitors.
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks.
Responsible To: Vice President of Education & Program Services
. Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: HIV Prevention Manager- Palm Beach, Broward and Miami- Dade counties
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with patients, visitors and staff members.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques, a self-starter, work effectively, organized and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Valid driver's license, ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Requirements: HIV Prevention Manager- Palm Beach, Broward and Miami- Dade counties
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
Education/Professional Experience: HIV Prevention Manager- Palm Beach, Broward and Miami- Dade counties
- Bachelor's degree of an accredited school or equivalent experience in social services.
- HIV prevention/intervention experience.
- Social Networking Strategies trained and qualified.
CAN Required Training: HIV Prevention Manager- Palm Beach, Broward and Miami- Dade counties
General Orientation HIV/AIDS Violence in the Workplace
Sexual Harassment HIPAA Health Stream Courses (as assigned)
Other Duties: HIV Prevention Manager- Palm Beach, Broward and Miami- Dade counties
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of and employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change with or without notice.