Description: Job Summary of the Maintenance Supervisor:
The successful Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the team which maintains the upkeep of the nursery. The supervisor also solicits suppliers and other vendors in order to procure the supplies and/or contractors needed to complete upkeep and projects within the established budget. Key responsibilities include ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations as well as legal regulations surrounding workplace safety.
Summary of essential job functions of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Assign, maintain and coordinate all daily repair work orders, including all emergency requested work
- Perform daily repair work orders as assigned
- Organize maintenance shop, keeping inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for inspecting progress of assigned work orders
- Supervise and assist tradesmen in the completion of their work
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Perform light duty and/or limited maintenance repairs for the Nursery facilities
- Provide advisory assistance in regard to equipment and facility needs and conditions
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures and status of work in progress
- Ensure proper documentation on all submitted work orders
- Establish and evaluate the preventive maintenance programs
- Ensure that safety practices/procedures are adhered to through department
- Act as a role model, working alongside crew members, and demonstrate a positive work ethic.
- Ensure work projects are completed satisfactorily and safe working conditions are maintained.
- Develop and maintain a strong sense of teamwork among the crew members.
- Plan learning time/activities for anticipated down time. Be flexible and willing to change daily routine to adjust to learning opportunities when unanticipated delays.
- Willing to travel based on company needs
.Requirements: Minimum Requirements of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience
- Intermediate computer skills
- Valid Driver License, clean criminal history and drug free
- Candidates must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for crew members
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
Abilities Required of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Basic concepts about greenhouse operations, quality and productivity
- Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others
- Manufacturing aptitude, Must be able to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Able to work indoors, outdoors, in warehouse or greenhouse all seasons
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self motivated
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt. PM19