MULTIMEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS 11/06/23)
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for the conception, design, creation, development, and production of: video, audio, graphics, print, multimedia, and social media-for dissemination to the diverse stakeholders of Nassau County. Support major initiatives of the Department of Strategic Advancement, as directed by the BOCC and Strategic Plan. This position must be able to tell Nassau County's story through a variety of platforms.
Examples of Duties
- Creates compelling videos, publications, social media content and news stories about Nassau County activities, programs, plans and projects.
- Creates original content for social media, websites, news sites, and other marketing/communications platforms.
- Creates campaigns, using a variety of mediums.
- Applies visual design best practice principles to the design and development of static and interactive elements (graphics, videos, animations, etc.).
- Develops digital and print communication methods to enhance delivery of information about Nassau County's activities.
- Works with the departmental staff to develop illustrative ways to communicate to the public.
- Develops and executes web and social media strategies to share information and engage stakeholders.
- Assists in the development of the "brand" of Nassau County.
- Works with staff to write compelling news stories for local and regional publications.
- Manages multiple, simultaneous projects to reach targets, staying on schedule and on budget.
- Collaborates closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, production level and platforms, turnaround time, corrections, approvals and project estimates.
- Composes, types, prepares, files, copies and/or transmits a variety of documents, including but not limited to correspondence, daily reports, various summaries, graphs, charts, spreadsheets, reports, memos, logs, lists, etc.
- Supports departmental initiatives as directed, including upcoming Bicentennial, Visioning, and related activities.
- Participates in outreach activities as directed.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, other County personnel, Board of Commissioners, news media, consultants, various other Government Agencies, vendors, customers and the general public.
- May operate a vehicle and a variety of equipment, which may include a computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, other office equipment.
- Attends and remains at work regularly and adheres to policies and procedures regarding absenteeism and tardiness. Provides adequate notice to higher management with respect to vacation time and leave requests.
- Performs other duties as required.
(These essential functions are not a complete statement of all duties required of the job. Employees will be required to perform such other related job duties as may be assigned or required.)
Requires a college degree or vocational training with coursework in Graphic Arts, Marketing, Journalism or related field and two (2) years of experience in advanced technical aspects of multimedia technology and equipment. Requires experience in publications, marketing and communications. Experience using and a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including but not limited to ID, ai, PS, and similar publishing tools. Experience in journalism and/or writing preferred. Requires a valid State Driver's License.
- Knowledgeable in the methods, policies and procedures of the Department and County as they pertain to the performance duties of the Multimedia & Communications Manager.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal requirements as they pertain to the position.
- Knowledge of the functions and interrelationships of County and other Governmental operations.
- Knowledge and an understanding of other County department functions is desired, as the department supports many County functions.
- Skilled in graphic design, preferably Adobe Creative Suite, typography, video and multimedia development.
- Ability to edit photography and photos.
- Skilled in video writing, shooting and editing.
- Skilled in web design and editing.
- Ability to tell a compelling story in written form.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing, including verbal, written and visual presentations.
- Ability to have a positive and energetic personality, be a team player and possess a good attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, orally and in writing.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply regulations, procedures and related information.
- Knowledge in interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and persuasively with members of the general public, subordinates and other County staff in difficult situations, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to ensure Departmental compliance with all laws and regulations and control the activities of the Department through effective supervision.
- Knowledge of administrative principles involved in developing, coordinating and supervising various programs and related activities.
- Ability to offer instruction advice to subordinates regarding Departmental policies, methods and regulations.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
- Ability to learn and utilize new skills and information to improve job performance and efficiency.
- Ability to create campaigns, using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and terminology.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, elected officials, community interest groups and the general public.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of office equipment as necessary in the performance of daily activities.
- Ability to assemble information and prepare reports and records in a concise, clear and effective manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion in coordinating Department Programs; making sound decisions; determining procedures; setting priorities; setting schedules; maintaining standards; resolving problems; performing routine and non routine tasks.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions as required.
- Ability to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Tasks may require extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Pushing and pulling
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability)
- Works inside in an office environment.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will continue to be received until the listed closing date or the position is filled, whichever is earliest. Submission of an application does not guarantee the applicant an interview. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check.
Nassau County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Nassau County values the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and that the County supports the hiring of returning service members, military spouses, and their family members as such this position is eligible for Veterans' Preference in accordance with applicable laws.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, environmental conditions, or qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This position may be required to work in a safety sensitive capacity at any time based on emergency declaration or other operational need. Nassau County reserves the right to edit or re-write this job description at any time.
An organization is only as good as the people it employs. To attract and retain the best team possible, theNassau County Board of County Commissionersoffers a competitive benefit program. We believe that if we expect our employees to support the County, we must first support the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families, now and as they plan for their future.
- Medical & Prescription Drugs Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Contributions with a Qualified Plan
- Florida Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Life & AD&D
- Supplemental & Dependent Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Benefits Offered By Aflac and/or Colonial
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Program
- Roth IRA
NOTE: For detailed information regarding available benefits click here.
FLORIDA RETIREMENT SYSTEM (FRS)The Florida Retirement System is a retirement plan designed to provide an income to a vested employee and his/her family when the employee retires, becomes partially or totally disabled, or dies prior to retirement. A defined benefit or defined contribution option may be chosen by the employee. Employees are required to contribute 3% of their salary per Florida Statute.
TUITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAMThe County may provide tuition assistance to cover the cost of tuition and books to County employees requesting tuition reimbursement for courses at an accredited college or university which are applicable to the employee's field of work and/or are of such nature to directly prepare employees for positions of greater responsibility within the County. Contact the Human Resources Office for additional details.
HOLIDAYSThe following, as well as any other days the BOCC may declare, are designated as official holidays for County Employees:
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
The Day After Thanksgiving
PTO LEAVE All full-time employees shall accrue Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave in accordance with the following formula:
Years of Employment Hours Per Year
0 through the end of the 4th year 180
5 years through the end of the 10th year 200
11 years through the end of the 15th year 220
16 years and over 240
For additional information please view Nassau County's Policies & Procedures .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous