NURSE REGISTERED HH
Description: Summary & Objective
The Nurse, Registered Field is responsible to provide direct and indirect patient care services primarily on a visiting and intermittent basis in the patients home in accordance with the policies and procedures of Catholic Home Health Services. Such care must be provided in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the agency, and as may be required by the Clinical manager, Director of Professional Services, or the Administrator to ensure that the highest quality care is maintained at all times.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- At least 1 year or more with current/active Florida State Professional License
- At least 1 year of more experience working with a Medicare Certified Home Health agency
- OSIS SOC Competency
- Knowledgeable of AHCA regulations, Medicare COPs guidelines
- Proficient with use of computers.
- Ability & willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
. Requirements: This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments to identify the physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of home health patients.
- Completes assessments at appropriate time points, including OASIS.
- Regularly re-evaluate the patients nursing needs and evaluates the outcomes of care.
- Assists patients in the recovery or maintenance of life functions; prevent illness and relapse of illness.
- Develop, initiate, and revise the Plan of Care (POC) as necessary to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Plans for discharge of the client from services.
- Provide effective communication to patients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals. Regular participation in Case Conference.
- Apply concepts of agencys infection control plan and universal precaution in coordination/performing client cares activities to protect both patient and staff (OSHA).
- Coordinate services and informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patients condition and needs.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Develops Home Health Aide Care Plan and perform supervisory visits for HHA and LPN as required
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure compliance with agency policy.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board.
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient/residents care needs.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supervise, teach and provide clinical direction to other nursing personnel (ex. LVN/LPN, HHA, CNA, etc).
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.