PUBLIC WORKS MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Supervises the technical and administrative work of more than average difficulty involving Mechanical Maintenance and repair of the City's pumping stations including re-pump stations, , water and wastewater Treatment Plants, well fields, tanks and installation, repair and maintenance of water distribution and collections systems.
The City offers a wide variety of benefits to employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) which offers an investment option and a pension option, and requires a 3% contribution from employees. New hires are automatically enrolled in FRS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises the work of assigned staff; delegates and reviews work assignments; conducts performance evaluations
- Identifies equipment, structures, and preventative maintenance tasks
- Collaborates with plant manager and chief operators regarding overall status of the plant, including ongoing and scheduled maintenance
- Develops plans and procedures for work performed; prepares and meets work production quotas; maintains records and submits reports of time, equipment, and material used
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget for the area of assignment
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies, equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Participates in the installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment, as needed
- Makes recommendations and gives technical assistance to the activity supervisor and division manager, in addition to other City departments, on technical problems involving areas of concern
- Prepares Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations and standard operating procedures
- Works around high voltage, rotating equipment and various hazardous chemicals.
- Performs related work as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Have successfully graduated from a standard high school or possess a G.E.D. certificate from an accredited agency.At least five (5) years of related experience.Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for one year of the required experience or education.State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection Water Distribution Level 3 license or Broward County Electrical Journeyman's license may be required based on location.Knowledge of state and federal guidelines for water distribution and collection systems management, as needed.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Depending on the number of applications and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training & Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants will be required to pass a medical examination, including drug screening , prior to appointment. Open until sufficient applicants have applied.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form ( J204 ).
This job classification is in Management Category III for benefit purposes.
The City of Fort Lauderdale offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance.
Click here for an overview of employment informationincluding our benefits package and click here for additional Federation of Public Employees managementbenefits.
Closing Date/Time: 1/27/2023 5:00 PM Eastern