QA Auditor – Enrollment & Billing
The Quality Assurance Auditor is responsible for performing Internal Quality Assurance Audits of Operational processes for internal employees and outsourced vendors to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and quality standards.
The incumbent will investigate, audit, conduct root cause analysis, handle processing of determinations, track and trend findings. The individual at this level will embody Healthfirst's Culture Drivers through his/her workplace behavior and works under minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct quality audits of Operational processes for internal employees and outsourced vendors such as authorizations, provider claims, pre and post payments, sources of information, incoming/ outgoing calls, pre/post-service appeals, etc.
- Analyze errors and determine root causes for appropriate classification
- Record/track quality assessment scores and provide reports or feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance
- Review and investigate work to confirm it has been completed according to company standards and meets all regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Present results of investigations to senior staff and prepare written reports concerning investigation activities
- Subsequent auditing and handling of specific requests including processing where applicable, tracking, documenting, reporting and dispersal of findings and recommendations.
- Identify defects and improve departmental performance by supporting quality, operational efficiency and production goals
- Assist in the development of departmental policies and procedures; review the efficiency of existing training
- Meet established time frames and rates of performance for the quality and quantity of work for the position
- Respond to any regulatory or compliance requests for information or audits in a timely and accurate manner
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience with the investigation, determination and reporting of operational processes
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel (formatting formulas, managing data, and filtering results), Word (creating and editing documents), PowerPoint (creating and editing presentations) and SharePoint
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Associate degree from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of at least two or more lines of business such as Medicare NY/NJ, Medicaid, Qualified Health Plan, Essential Plan, Child Health Plus, NH Family.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid "@healthfirst.org" email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.