LSI is an employee-owned company and employs dynamic teams of professionals - people with the finest technical expertise, a level of passionate creativity, and a truly visionary outlook who deliver innovative training solutions that exceed our customer's expectations. Everyone at LSI has a personal stake in our success.
LSI has over 400 training and training support experts, engineers, and craftsmen on staff who develop state-of-the-art high-fidelity training devices, complex computer-based, highly interactive distributed learning products, and comprehensive, dynamic technical publications. LSI employee-owners collaborate to deliver training products and services for a myriad of programs and customers, using leading edge technology and proven processes.
Defines and develops quality standards for receiving in-process and final inspection in
accordance with company and contractual requirements. Reviews and evaluates complex in process
rejections and implements corrective action as needed. Interfaces with manufacturing
floor quality assurance specialists, customers, vendors and various company departments to
resolve quality problems and provide information. Participates in and may lead audits.
Provide work leadership for lower level employees. Leads and manages manufacturing QA
team with full supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage and resolve Quality Assurance related issues identified through manufacturing QA
team audits and inspections, internal and external audits of ISO quality processes.
• Manage and resolve Quality Assurance related Corrective Action Reports (CARs) and
Preventative Action reports (PARs) generated through audits, customer feedback, or
• Develop Quality Assurance training for in service training and new personnel assigned to
the company QA team.
• Ensure employee Quality Assurance training is ongoing, current, and in concert with
• Provide input and amendments to Quality Program Manual, Quality Systems Procedures,
Work Instructions, and other Quality Assurance related information.
• May be required to conduct business operations independently away from Company
offices and be required to make decisions on behalf of the Company with little or no
• Brief assigned personnel on Company policies.
• Ensure enforcement of Company instructions as required.
• Must be capable of safely handling government furnished equipment and materials.
• Must be available to work a standard weekly schedule with overtime as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Be familiar with the intent and requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
• Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong process and continuous improvement background.
• Expert with Windows-based computers (word processing/graphics/spread sheet/data
base and desktop publishing applications). Experienced with scanners, printers, copiers,
Email, FAX machines, and other required audio/visual equipment.
• Must be capable of working overtime and weekends due to time-critical or travel
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance if required by contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Eight (8) years quality management experience
- Five (5) years manufacturing job experience
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.