RECREATION CAMP DIRECTOR (Summer Camp)
THIS POSTING IS FOR SUMMER HIRE ONLY
June 19 - August 11, 2023
12 Locations, 16 Camps - Choose Your Spot!
- Do you have a Camp Preference? Click the link below to find out more! -
Parks & Facilities Listing | Fort Lauderdale, FL Parks & Rec
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As a Recreation Camp Director you are responsible for providing program instruction and supervision in a licensed summer camp program at a City recreational facility.
- Helps in maintaining order and enforcing rules and regulations at recreational facilities
- Assists in maintaining safety and health standards at facilities and during programs Preparing activity and staff schedules
- Selecting materials and adopting suitable teaching materials for individual needs
- Instruct participants in such activities as dancing, music, crafts, tennis, swimming, dramatics, gymnastics and boxing
- Responsible for supervising part time personnel and volunteers when necessary
- May be required prepare activity and staff schedules
- May be responsible for maintaining program compliance and regulatory licensing requirements
- May organize, facilitate, and/or deliver staff trainings in related subject matter area
- May work weekends, nights and holidays
- Performs related work as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
High School Diploma or a G.E.D.Must be 18 years of agePossess one (1) year experience in organizing and instructing groups in a wide variety of recreation activities for different age groups and interestsSupervises part time personnel and volunteers when necessaryMay be required to supervise in aquatic environmentCandidates must pass a fingerprinting/background screening process prior to employment PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position involves light physical demands, such as exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. The work entails sedentary work in an office setting. While performing duties, employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders, and use hand and fingers dexterity keyboarding. Sometimes work is stressful when working under stringent time constraints. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception. May require working in adverse weather conditions such as heat and humidity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Applications will be reviewed and the hiring authority will contact those applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience for the position.
The City of Fort Lauderdale offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance.
Click here for an overview of employment information including our benefits package.
Closing Date/Time: 7/3/2023 11:59 PM Eastern