RECREATION INSTRUCTOR II (Teen Programs)
The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking dynamic and goal-driven employees. Employees that are motivated to take on today's greatest challenges and rewards in the field of local public service. Employees who are passionate about making a difference and achieving our mission: We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Would you fit in? Apply now.
The employee in this class is responsible for providing instruction in a specific recreation activity. Work involves preparing samples and written directions, selecting materials and adopting suitable teaching materials to meet individual needs. Instructors are classified by experience and knowledge.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Requirements for the Rec Instructor II - TEEN PROGRAMS
- Have successfully graduated from a standard high school or possess an acceptable G.E.D. from a recognized issuing agency.
- Experience in organizing and instructing groups in a wide variety of recreation activities for different age groups and interests.
- Supervises part-time personnel and volunteers when necessary.
- Must be able to mentor, advocate, and champion at -risk teen programming (ages 10-18) in one of our 13 after-school sites.
- This is a seasonal position (September 2020 - June 2021), Monday - Friday and some Saturdays are required.
- Workers may be tasked with attending field trips as needed.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
All applicants must complete the attached supplemental worksheet as well as the standard employment application.
Applications will be reviewed and the hiring authority will contact those applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience for the position.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous