RECREATION MAINTENANCE WORKER (Summer Applicants Only)
These positions may involve assignments in any of the City Departments - recreation, public service, maintenance, etc. The employee is compensated on an hourly basis, as the services are needed. Employment can be terminated at will, and the employee has no expectation of continuing employment or receiving benefits. "Temporary" employment is typically employment that is 20 hours per week or more.
Performs semi-skilled facility maintenance duties, which includes minor repairs of building systems, cleaning restrooms, trash pick-up, etc.
Work is normally performed under the general supervision of a higher classified employee who issues written and oral instructions. Work is reviewed by the immediate supervisor; constant supervision is not necessary for routine and repetitive tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs semi-skilled maintenance duties in any City Department where the need for temporary support has been identified. Assignments will vary according to specific work location and needs. Specific tasks will be determined by the work site supervisor.
- Participates in performing custodial tasks as applies to municipal buildings and other municipal property, including trash removal
- Participates in setting up and taking down of benches, seats, chairs, and other equipment
- Performs basic landscaping duties
- Acts as a concession attendant when required
- Performs minor repairs on equipment and municipal buildings
- Performs related work as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Depending on the position, qualifications vary. Some positions may require a higher level of education or previous work experience which will be evidenced by copies of relevant education certificates or previous work history. Minimum qualifications include High school Diploma or GED.
- May require a current and valid State of Florida Class "E" Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
- Possess some experience in the performance of manual or custodial work, including the use of non-mechanized tools and the operation of light power equipment
- Possess some experience in using a floor buffer
- May work weekends, nights and holidays
- May require working in adverse weather conditions such as heat and humidity
PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position involves light physical demands, such as exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderately loud. The work entails sedentary work in an office setting. While performing duties, employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders, and use hand and fingers dexterity keyboarding. The employee may be required on rare occasions to lift up to 50 pounds. Sometimes work is stressful when working under stringent time constraints. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception.
Work Environment Frequency Working in Designated Environment Office or similar indoor environment Frequently or Often Outdoor environment Frequently or Often Street environment (near moving traffic) Sometimes Construction site Seldom or Never Confined Space Sometimes In the community (homes, businesses, etc.) Sometimes Lab Seldom or Never Warehouse environment Seldom or Never
Closing Date/Time: 8/6/2021 11:59 PM Eastern