RECREATION WORKER- PLAY LICENSED AFTERSCHOOL COUNSELOR
The employee in this class, under general supervision, is responsible for the organization and personal leadership of a variety of recreation activities in an indoor and/or outdoor recreation center or facility.
Monday - Friday: 1:30 P.M. - 6:00 P.M. (Regular School Days)
Hours may vary on Early Release Days & Non-School Days
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
THIS POSTING DOES NOT HAVE AN END DATE, AS VACANCIES BECOME AVAILABLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED. IF YOU ARE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
1) Have successfully graduated from high school or possess a G.E.D. from a recognized issuing agency.
2) Six (6) months experience in a recreational facility or have been a participant in a variety of recreational activities such as sports, organized games or arts and crafts.
NOTE: Once hired, licensed after-school personnel will be required to complete additional documentation and forms to ensure County and State compliance.
- 40 hours Child Care Training and transcripts required
- Local/FDLE Background Screening
- Proof of HS Diploma or GED required
- Pediatric CPR/First Aid - or obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Experience working in Licensed After-school program preferred.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Applications will be reviewed and the hiring authority will contact those applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience for the position.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous