Senior Manager Finance
Job ID: R-93439
Location: Tampa, FL, US 33602
Amgen is searching for a Senior Manager, Finance who will play a key role in supporting the Information Systems (IS) and Global Business Services (GBS) organizations. The Senior Manager will report to the Director of Finance in charge of the G&A Finance group and will be based in Tampa, FL, at Amgen's new Capability Center. Our Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading the worldwide consolidation and planning of IS and GBS operating expenses and capital expenditures during financial planning processes such as annual budget, quarterly forecasts and the long-range plan
- Managing a FP&A team that will support internal IS and GBS planning and close requirements
- Supporting the Site Lead at the new Amgen Capability Center in Tampa, FL, as this position will be the highest-ranking FP&A role on site
- Preparing various management reports on financial performance and be able to explain/communicate key variance drivers and insights, especially during the quarter end process
- Leading the planning and analysis of a portfolio of capital projects, and providing financial support for project teams through stages of the company's capital approval process
- Provide key financial support and analysis on an ad-hoc basis to help drive and improve business performance as needed
- Preparing "executive-friendly" financial analysis materials for senior company leadership
- Partnering with other members of Finance within and outside of Tampa, FL on consolidation of IS and GBS activities as well as coordinating other ad-hoc projects
- Key point of contact representing IS and GBS Finance on cross functional initiatives
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Finance experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Finance experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Finance experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance experience
- MBA and/or CPA
- 6 + years of progressive finance / accounting experience including corporate level public company experience
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience
- Detail oriented; strong business analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence personnel across functions and levels
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and team environment
- Ability to think strategically
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our hardworking Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.