SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The Senior Systems Engineer analyzes customer requirements and provides technical knowledge, systems integration, and relationship management expertise as required to implement the appropriate solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to generate requirements traceability matrices given customer requirements in specifications, statements of work, or other requirements documents.
- Review requirements and generate system architectural solutions based on broad knowledge of hardware and software.
- Attend and brief project status and engineering issues at Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events and In Progress Reviews ensuring discrepancies noted by the reviewing authority are recorded as appropriate action items.
- Perform testing at customer sites as well as early testing on pre-release products.
- Manage and report status of ongoing installation and testing at customer sites.
- Develop technical proposals and respond to Sources Sought, RFP's, and RFI's in conjunction with the marketing team, assuring they are technically accurate and professionally presented.
- Develop training device level of effort estimates for customers.
- Safely handle government-furnished equipment and materials.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours with overtime as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in an engineering major and (7) seven years' experience in systems engineering
- Bachelorsdegree in Computer Science and (9) nine years experience in systems engineering
- High school diploma or equivalent and (15) fifteen years of experience in systems engineering.
- Advanced degree in engineering is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a wide range of simulation knowledge in hardware and software in order to recommend solutions to best fit customer requirements.
- Constructively and harmoniously work with the engineer team, management, and customers to assure budget, timeline, and scope requirements are met.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to establishpriorities to ensure tasks are accomplished on schedule.
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.