Technical Lead – Network Architect
Healthfirst has an immediate opening for an experienced Network Architect leading the architecture, installation and management of enterprise networks, SDN and network security components both on-premise and in the public cloud. The ideal candidate will have a solid 'hands-on' background in designing, deploying and managing enterprise network and security solutions. This person will possess a high degree of self-management, personal accountability and a strong collaborative mindset.
The Network Architect is a senior-level, hands-on position that provides enterprise network design and implementation expertise to internal Healthfirst customers. The individual will architect and design networks and standards for Healthfirst data centers, Community Business Offices, and Cloud networking. The Architect will also regularly interact and work directly with all Vendors, Healthfirst Infrastructure and Operations Teams, and Infosec teams to understand requirements, develop Enterprise standards and select next-gen network architecture.
- Translate Healthfirst IT business requirements into a clear & concise, cost-effective network architecture
- Research industry best practices and determine the relevance and feasibility of incorporating them into the Enterprise Network.
- Author and maintain all network architecture and standards documentation
- Provide input for network automation playbooks and drive towards infrastructure as code
- Works in creating the roadmaps for products and deployments
- Leads and actively drives resolution to Priority incidents
- Drive network and process innovation through research and evaluation of both cutting edge and well-established technologies.
- Participate in industry events and forums in an effort to further close that infinite gap between what we know and what we still have yet to learn
- Participates in requirements/architecture discussions, design reviews, UAT, and deployment/training processes of various projects and products
- Defines network requirements and aligns technology roadmaps
- Understands cloud designs and associated models
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships and partnerships with stakeholders
- Architect solutions utilizing industry best practices.
- Determine operational weaknesses within the existing network infrastructure, and present execution plans to remediate problem areas.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to improve the security and/or performance of existing environments.
- Interact with Shared Infrastructure Services Network teams to provide escalation support during Priority Incidents, even if the problem might not be directly related to the network infrastructure.
- Work to complete all projects assigned and exhaust all possible resources in order to provide results on time and within specifications.
- Implementation and enforcement of existing and self-designed security measures and policies to protect Healthfirst from both external and internal attacks and/or abuses.
- Travel may be required to meet project objectives. Approximately
- 7+ years experience or 10 years of progressive network architecture experience in large scale enterprise and data-center environments preferred
- Strong technical background covering Layer 3 protocols (BGP/OSPF) in large scale designs
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the design and implementation of switched and routed networks and associated protocols: TCP/IP, NAT/PAT, HSRP, STP, PBR, BFD
- 5+ years' experience with large carrier networks and connectivity such as P2P, VPLS, MPLS, ISP
- Experience with Data Center Networking, including Spine/Leaf architectures, VXLAN, MP-BGP, vPC
- 2+ years' experience with Cisco ACI Data Center technologies
- Network Security experience around securing network designs using firewalls, protocols and features.
- 3+ years' experience with Cisco ASAs as a VPN Concentrator
- Bachelor's degree or work experience equivalent
- HS Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Cisco CCNP/CCIE industry certifications
- 2+ years' experience architecting Load Balancers
- Virtualization technologies
- WAN design and optimization
- Firewall engineering and deployment
- Hands-on experience with cloud architectures
- Network automation tools such as Service Now and ansible
- Application stack layer 3-7
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid "@healthfirst.org" email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.