*REPOST PRIOR APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY*
Who We Are
Orlando, The City Beautiful
For most of Orlando's history we've been the place everyone wants to visit. Today, we're also the place where everyone wants to live and do business. List after list has Orlando as one of the fastest growing cities in America. We're transitioning from our role as the young upstart to a more mature, global city.
This didn't happen by accident. Together as a community, we developed a shared vision for our city focused on creating partnerships and we've transformed Orlando from a place that was packed with potential into a city on the rise.
Our vision ensures we are an inclusive, compassionate community that is generating jobs, becoming the most sustainable city in the nation, keeping our community safe, making it easier to get around, and increasing the quality of life. Together, we can continue realizing all our city's potential.
Come be part of our community with the City of Orlando.
Annual Salary: $84,281.60 - 121,784
Nature of Work:
The Workday Administrator will be responsible for supporting the City of Orlando's HR/Financials system, Workday. This position is responsible for leading and driving initiatives ensuring that the City is leveraging the most up to date functionality within the Workday system. Responsibilities include: identifying operational efficiencies through the use of Workday, evaluation of system functionality, identifying reporting enhancements, including dashboards, managing twice a year updates, developing training strategy on the use of Workday, and overall product management for any changes or integrations related to Workday. They will also be responsible for working with the City's IT and functional areas within HR and Finance to ensure configuration changes are properly managed, tested, and implemented. This position reports to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and would manage a team of three staff.
Examples of Duties
A successful candidate should:
- Have a general understanding of HR and financial data
- Be able to manage multiple projects, initiatives, and requests simultaneously
- Have good business insight and ability to design and evaluate KPIs
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have strong business process fluency, with a strong ability to discuss processes at a level of detail sufficient to gain insight into the underlying business problem or opportunity
- Have the ability to work with different levels of management throughout the City and translate customer needs into technology and process solutions
- Work independently and be able to determine and develop approach for solutions
- Have strong customer service skills with high concern for customer satisfaction, user experience, and overall helpfulness for end users
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of proprietary or sensitive data
- Serve as the City's named support contact with Workday
- Manage day to day system/operations issues, manage severity assignments and set priorities for resolution
- Manage the biannual testing of updates
- Work with HR, Finance, IT and other teams to identify, prioritize and implement new enhancements and improvements of processes
- Oversee change management and deliver Workday training programs as needed
- Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures, including identifying areas for improvement
- Gather/document business requirements for change requests (break/fix)
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and four years experience in operations management and contract administration, which includes at least two years in a management/supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Functional experience with Human Resource and Financial systems, project management, and design and development of new reports including calculated fields experience preferred. Two years of experience in administration or support of enterprise systems preferred. Workday system experience is required.
City of Orlando Benefits
This position has the potential opportunity for hybrid remote work (up to 2 days per week)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous